Conference Day 2021
In recent years, the term ‘plastics’ has become somewhat of a rallying call in driving advocacy efforts against the environmental impact of plastic waste on a global scale. Designed as a cyclical closed-loop system that minimises excess, the shift towards a circular economy model presents the most opportunities in extracting value from plastic waste and most important, keeping it out of the environment.
In line with the government’s drive towards a Zero Waste Nation, as outlined in the Zero Waste Masterplan, it has become ever more pressing for us to build upon the expertise of all stakeholders in this ecosystem on the development of our domestic plastic recycling industry.
Bringing together the entire plastic value chain including energy & chemical companies, waste managements, recyclers, brand owners, Government agencies and NGOs, today’s forum brings together all related stakeholders in a dialogue on how we can advance the agenda for a sustainable future.
Study on Packaging Waste
• Research findings on the issue of packaging waste in Singapore
• Keynote speech by guest speaker
• Understanding the impact of the Mandatory Packaging Reporting
Panel Discussion & Sharing
• Hear from industry leaders and experts on green opportunities
• Explore ideas and join the conversations on how businesses can overcome challenges
• Networking opportunities
The Conference Day 2021 brings together C-Level industry experts, thought leaders, government officials, academia leaders and solutions providers across the following industries:
• Gain exclusive industry insights tailored and designed specifically for industry decision makers and build strong peer relationships with other thought leaders in the field.
• Participate in a premier discussion platform with industry experts and be part of the next big project in Singapore.
Packaging Waste Study
The study provides an in-depth examination of the current plastic waste management landscape in Singapore, a review of the government initiatives targeted at the reduction in the consumption of consumer packaging waste and reveals the challenges and opportunities present in the development of our domestic recycling capabilities.
Consultation with relevant stakeholder groups including the government (MSE/NEA), FMCG companies, waste collectors and recyclers, provide a succinct observation of the existing material flows and considerations on the waste management framework and infrastructure.
Hear from two panel of experts as they share their perspectives and insights on what it would take for Singapore to fully transition towards a circular economy model for plastic waste.
*More details regarding the panel discussion will be released in the coming weeks