Mandatory Packaging Reporting
What is it?
Mandatory Packaging Reporting (MPR) is a new regulation introduced by the Resource Sustainability Act and which is enforced by the NEA. Under the MPR framework, producers of packaged products will be required to submit packaging data and 3R plans to the NEA.
Who will be impacted?
All of the following with annual turnover greater than 10 million SGD.
- Brand owners
- Importers of packaging and packaged goods
- Outlets using packaging such as hotels, food delivery businesses, restaurant chains etc.
Requirements for Businesses under the MPR
- Quantify the packaging waste in alignment with NEA’s requirements
- Prepare and submit 3R plans annually
- Keep records related to reports and plans for a period of 5 years
With the first report to be submitted by 31 March 2022, SEC’s advisory role will provide companies with the following benefits.
- Packaging value chain mapping
- Streamlined data collection
- Seamless flow of data transfer to NEA’s requirement
- Data verification and validation
For more information, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org