As Singapore’s first fully integrated info-communications company, our aim has been, is, and will always be focused on providing every person, every home and every business in Singapore with world-class information, communication and entertainment services.
Establishing Our Commitment
StarHub acknowledges the fact that we need to act in an environmentally responsible manner, throughout our operations, in order to minimise our overall impact on the environment. In 2009, we established a six-point commitment to our environmental policy as outlined below:
- We will adopt responsible and sustainable practices in our corporate activities to minimise the environmental impact of our operations. We will continually review our goals and commitment to protect the global environment as much as possible.
- We will adhere to, as much as possible, environmental recommendations by the relevant authorities and also implement in-house targets to improve our environmental performance.
- We will reduce our environmental loads by efficiently using resources, saving energy, reducing waste, encouraging material recycling, and minimising emissions of greenhouse gases and ozone-depleting substances.
- We will minimise environmental loads and adopt environmentally friendly technologies as far as possible, when ordering and purchasing necessary resources.
- We will implement education programmes to raise environmental awareness among our employees and to ensure that they recognise the essence of this Green Policy by actively addressing environmental concerns.
- We will make social contributions in close partnership with local communities by disclosing environmental information and supporting environmental conservation initiatives.
- In 2012, as an info-communications services provider retailing electronic products, as well as being firmly committed to environmental sustainability, StarHub initiated a massive consumer-oriented environmental programme, to provide consumers with avenues to responsibly dispose of their e-waste. We partnered with home-grown e-waste recycler TES-AMM to launch the StarHub E-Waste Recycling Programme on 31 March 2012, Earth Hour.
- On 16 September 2014, an MOU was signed between DHL, StarHub and TES-AMM—all environmentally responsible corporate citizens—to expand the programme as RENEW, short for REcycling Nation’s Electronic Waste. There are now over 100 RENEW bin locations island-wide and over 28 tonnes of e-waste has been recycled.
- RENEW remains Singapore’s most extensive and inclusive electronic waste recycling programme for consumers.